dominic(at)medialabafrica.com

dominic(at)medialabafrica.com

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Road Trip! Last Post From Africa

Today I’m headed off on a 10-day road trip around parts of West Africa. When I return from that trip I will be spending my last few days here in Nana Kneiba, the small village where my second film project takes place.  The chances of running across internet service or a Wi-Fi hot spot along the way are very slim.

The 10-day road trip includes a stop at the Festival On The Niger in Ségou, one of the most popular music festivals in Africa. The trip will also include a visit to Djenné, home the world’s largest adobe structure, and then on to the country of Burkina Faso before returning to Bamako.

The posts will continue when I return to Minnesota. I will have a ton of new material in addition to several clips I have right now, but are not quite finished. This has been a pretty good run, 12 posts in 16 days despite the occasional collapse of Mali’s entire electrical grid, and an internet connection that runs at the speed of bad DSL to as slow as dial-up.

Stay tuned. Lots more to come in early March.